4:39 PM


I've been wanting to try dip dying for a while, but felt a little intimidated.  Last weekend I decided to give it a whirl.  It was easier/turned out better than I had expected.  A few things I will do differently next time:
    
    Pre-wash the fabric before sewing it.  It was a last minute thing and I only had a couple hours to work on it so I just figured I would just make the dress a little bigger than I wanted it to end up being. Then of course when I washed/dried after dying it shrunk up a little bit, but not too bad.

     Leave it in the dye longer.  I only let it soak in the dye for about half the recommended time because I was in a hurry.  I wanted the dress to fade from wine red to black, but instead it is more pink to burgundy.  I'm pretty sure a combination of more time & adding more black to the dye would do the trick.  

    Have bleach on hand for clean up.  My tub is still a little pink (note to self: buy bleach!)



You Might Also Like

0 comments